Windows 10 activation issues [Resolved]




Finally got back my Windows 10 Pro licence activated. I had bought 8 Pro upgrade from Amazon many years ago and it was upgraded free by Microsoft to 8.1 Pro and then to 10 Pro, but after couple of changes of hard disks and machines it stopped accepting the original licence key.


When I put the HDD in another desktop, I got couple of days ago, last night it started giving message to activate the windows again citing hardware changes. It kept on saying my keys have expired and were not valid for an upgrade and I needed to buy it again.


So I did a bit of research and rearmed it with this command: slmgr /rearm


After restart a dialogue box appeared asking for product key and when I entered 8 Pro upgrade key, it authenticated it and upgraded Home to Pro.

Comments